LEONARDO DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide.
Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo, which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide.
We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture that rewards performance.
For additional information on DRS, please visit our website atÂ www.leonardodrs.com.
LEONARDO DRS Electro Optical InfraredÂ Systems (EOIS) has locations in Dallas, TX, Melbourne, FL, and Cypress, CA.Â We develop, manufacture, and support infrared and electro-optical solutions for soldiers, ground vehicles and airborneÂ platforms.Â We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.Â
Employing the worldâ€™s brightest.
Supporting the worldâ€™s bravest.
Execute/Generate CPSR-compliant purchase orders, based on approved requisitions, requests for proposals, bids and other similar and necessary documents related to the purchasing of commodities or major subcontract items.
Basic Qualifications and Required Skills
* Requires a bachelorâ€™s degree or equivalent experience in related field and over 2 years of experience in Purchasing
* Requires the ability to understand military specs and read blue prints
* Requires the ability to understand and adhere to all laws pertaining to procurement, contracts, breach by contract, etc.
* Knowledge and use of price and cost analysis
* Strong negotiating skills
Duties and Responsibilities
* Execute/Generate CPSR-compliant purchase orders, based on approved requisitions, requests for proposals, bids and other similar and necessary documents related to the purchasing of commodities or major subcontract items
* Facilitate and manage any supplier issues (i.e.
cost, quality, delivery, customer service)
* Manage all aspects of supplier including A/P holds
* Initiate and follow through on any supplier changes (Engineering Change Notices)
* Lead negotiations and apply knowledge of commercial contract law and guidelines, practices and requirements to assess, plan and negotiate best terms and conditions and to minimize risk
* Establish and maintain sound professional relationships with suppliers.
Resolve issues (e.g.
pricing, quality, timing, claims, contract disputes, etc.) associated with terms and conditions of service agreements
* Understand demand/spend profile for commodity areas, and provide this information as necessary
* Track and report cost savings or avoidances
* Maintain current accur...
More Jobs from DRS Technologies
- Technology Analyst - US
- Registered Nurse Practice - St Francis Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Manager Infection Control
- Transport Nurse- 7pm-7am, 72 hours every two weeks
- Facilities Technician
- Lead Process/Production
- Career Product Surface Prep - Plant 19
- Design Engineer
- Car Install (MECP Basic, Geek Squad)
- Inventory Specialist
- Inventory Specialist
- Best Buy Mobile Sales Consultant
- Specialty Sales Manager, Connections
- Geek Squad Double Agent, Appliance
- Geek Squad Delivery Experience Cadet
- Geek Squad Agent
- Best Buy Sales Consultant â€“ Computing and DI
- Magnolia Design Center System Designer