Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
''Innovation is facilitated by having the right people in the
right roles with the right skills and values.''
- Charles Koch, Koch Industries Chairman and CEO
Georgia Pacific is seeking a ResearchÂ Chemist at our Gypsum Laboratory in Decatur, GA.Â ResearchÂ Chemist create value by identifying, developing, and commercializing market-focused innovative solutions for GPâ€™s Gypsum building products industry.
Research Chemists use creative and inventive skills to conceptualize and engage the scientific method to profitably translate existing and new chemical technologies into our market-space.Â This role is based out of our Decatur Technical Center (just outside Atlanta, GA).
The Decatur center primarily focuses on Georgia-Pacific R&D efforts and includes a state-of-the-art analytical lab with extensive application testing capabilities.Â As a market leader, Georgia-Pacific has the analytical, statistical and process tools, assets, and commitment for you to be a successful contributor and create value.
At Georgia-Pacific, you will play a key role in the product development cycle from idea generation through new product commercialization.Â If you aspire to use your analytical skills and creativity to drive innovation, we are interested in learning more about you!
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
* Leading technical development project work and advance projects from scouting to commercialization
* Demonstrating the virtues and talents consistent with Georgia-Pacificâ€™s Market Based Management (MBMÂ®) and Guiding Principles
* Executing Research & development project planning
* Conducting and coordinating laboratory experiments and manufacturing facility trials
* Leveraging strong interpersonal skills to collaborate with coworkers of various technical levels and business partners with the potential for leadership opportunities
* Demonstrating strong oral and written communication skills
What You Will Need:
* Bachelorsâ€™ of Science Degree (BS) or higher in Organic Chemistry, Material Science, or Chemical Engineering
* Two (2) or more years of industry experience to include product development/innovation
What Will Put You Ahead?
* Three (3) or more yearsâ€™ industrial experience in a technical research and development role, preferably in the Building Products Industry
* Masterâ€™s Degree or higher in Organic Chemistry, Material Science, or Chemical Engineering
* Experience with Design of Experiment (DOE) Â
* Experience using statistical analysis
* Experience and knowledge of building and construction science
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned ...
More Jobs from Georgia-Pacific
- Junior Attorney with trust and estate planning experience
- Family Law Attorney with 5 years of experience
- Attorney with 1 year of litigation experience
- Family Law Attorney/Counsel with 3-5 years of litigation experience
- Community Associations Attorney with 1-3 years of real estate experience
- Staff Litigation Attorney with 3-5 years of products liability experience
- Staff Commercial Litigation Attorney with 2-4 years of experience
- IP Litigation Attorney with 2-4 years of experience
- Business Tort Litigation Attorney with 3+ years of commercial experience
- Residential Real Estate Attorney with 1-3 years of transactions experience
- Litigation Attorney with 2-4 years of commercial experience
- Trademark Attorney with 1-3 years of experience
- Jr. Trust and Estate Attorney
- Real Estate Attorney with Land Use experience
- Trusts and Estates Attorney with 5+ years of probate experience
- Senior Attorney with labor and employment litigation experience
- Labor and Employment Attorney with 6+ years of class action experience
- Junior to Mid-level Environment Attorney with energy experience
- Trial/Litigation Attorney with 7+ years of first chair jury experience