Archaeological Field Technician/Pittsburgh, PA/JTM
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide.
Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employeesâ€”16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects.
We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
Actively seeking ARCHAEOLOGICAL FIELD TECHNICIANS for work based out of our Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and Fairmont, West Virginia locations.
Â Fieldwork will consist of Phase I and II archaeological investigations in PA, OH, WV and VA.
Winter fieldwork is anticipated to begin in early December of 2017.Â
In an effort to develop a pool of available on call archaeological field personnel for fieldwork in the eastern United States, the Technical Services Division of Tetra Tech Inc is accepting resumes for Archaeological Field Technicians.Â Successful applicants will be placed in a pool of technical personnel that can be drawn upon by Tetra Tech Inc and its sister companies to staff archaeological projects throughout the United States.Â
The position of Archaeological Field Technician requires performing common tasks associated with archaeological investigations.Â These tasks include controlled excavation, data recordation, and plan view and profile drawing.Â The candidate will work closely with the Field Director to complete all field tasks as required by the specific contract.Â The candidate should posses some knowledge of material culture and subsistence strategies of prehistoric peoples in the eastern United States, particularly in the Mid-Atlantic States.
Essential duties include the following:
* Controlled shovel test pit and block excavation.
* Feature excavation.
* Accurate note taking.
* Artifact collection.
* Plan view and profile drawing.
The minimum requirements for the position of Archaeological Field Technician are a B.A.
in Anthropology/Archaeology or closely related field.
Candidates who have completed a field school are preferred.
Non-degreed candidates will be considered if they can demonstrate 3 + years of experience as an Archaeological Field Technician.
Knowledge of personal computers and Microsoft Windows/Office software applications required.
Individual must have ample organizational skills, ability to manage time-critical situations in order to fulfill deadline requirements, and strong ability to work in team situations.
Ability to search for pertinent facts and data, analyze and evaluate information, and form accurate conclusions.
Have the ability to work on and prioritize a variety of technical assignments and complete work satisfactorily and on schedule.
Ability and willingness to travel on out-of-town assignments.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as technical reports, guidance manuals, regulatory documents, field notes, and/or tables.
Ability to write clearly and concisely.
Ability to communicate effectively with coworkers.
The employee is frequently required to perform field investigation activities that could potentially require the following: performing strenuous fieldwork under a variety of site and weather conditions; standing, crouching and sitting to facilitate collecting site information; negotiating difficult terrain for extended periods of time performing field surveys, lifting and/or carrying field equipment and other items weighing up to 40 pounds; and potential exposure to natural (e.g., poison ivy) and hazards.
Must be able to perform and maintain rigorous detailed documentation of field activities.Â
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.Â
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
More Jobs from Tetra Tech
- Junior Attorney with trust and estate planning experience
- Family Law Attorney with 5 years of experience
- Attorney with 1 year of litigation experience
- Family Law Attorney/Counsel with 3-5 years of litigation experience
- Community Associations Attorney with 1-3 years of real estate experience
- Staff Litigation Attorney with 3-5 years of products liability experience
- Staff Commercial Litigation Attorney with 2-4 years of experience
- IP Litigation Attorney with 2-4 years of experience
- Business Tort Litigation Attorney with 3+ years of commercial experience
- Residential Real Estate Attorney with 1-3 years of transactions experience
- Litigation Attorney with 2-4 years of commercial experience
- Trademark Attorney with 1-3 years of experience
- Jr. Trust and Estate Attorney
- Real Estate Attorney with Land Use experience
- Trusts and Estates Attorney with 5+ years of probate experience
- Senior Attorney with labor and employment litigation experience
- Labor and Employment Attorney with 6+ years of class action experience
- Junior to Mid-level Environment Attorney with energy experience
- Trial/Litigation Attorney with 7+ years of first chair jury experience