Medical Surgical Instructor I, Nursing (full-time)
West Coast University (WCU), a private university with the singular focus of educating health care professionals, is currently seeking an Medical Surgical Instructor I, Nursing.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a professional to join a growing university as we expand our academic programs in health care and related fields.
Reporting directly to the Campus Dean and/or Program Chair, the Instructor I, Nursing (Undergraduate) supports the University in fulfillment of its mission, purpose and goals.
Focuses extensively on facilitating student learning associated with prescribed course and program learning outcomes.
Provides professional leadership and support, and serves as an educator, role model, mentor and facilitator.
Creates an educational environment which fosters innovation, responsiveness, and accountability.
Provides program-specific expertise and is actively engaged in relevant department initiatives.
Supports University, Campus, and/or departmental goals in order to assure compliance with programmatic accreditation and/or licensure, internal consistency, and graduate outcomes that meet student learning, workplace and placement expectations.
Actively and substantively participates in assessment of student learning activities to maximize the potential for students to learn what is necessary to meet prescribed outcomes.
Vigorously upholds a culture of academic integrity.
Must have the minimum higher education background required by the program.
Must provide a documented background in educational methodology consistent with teaching assignments including, but not limited to: education theory and practice, current concepts relative to specific subjects one will be teaching, current clinical practice experience or distance education techniques and delivery.
Masterâ€™s degree in specialty field required.
Graduates from the West Coast University Master of Science in Nursing program, who meet the minimum experience requirement as a registered nurse, are eligible for consideration as a clinical faculty immediately following graduation.
If applicable, certification(s) in area(s) of specialization required.
Clinical RNÂ â€“ Bachelorâ€™s degree in nursing or in natural, behavioral or social sciences relevant to nursing practice from an accredited college or university required.
Graduates from the West Coast University RN-BSN program who meet the minimum experience requirement as a registered nurse are eligible for consideration as a clinical faculty immediately following graduation.
Current unencumbered Registered Nurse License required; other current professional licensure by state or national board if applicable (e.g., FNP).
Must meet and maintain the qualifications and standards set forth by the state Board of Nursing for nursing faculty if required for assigned subject matter instruction.
Current CPR card.
Clinical RN - Must have approval by the Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) prior to assuming the role of clinical faculty member.
Must meet and maintain the qualifications and standards set forth by any accrediting body that West Coast University is accredited by or in process of obtaining accreditation from, for area of expertise and expectations of faculty member as set forth in regulatory documents.Â
Must maintain any professional certifications deemed necessary to meet the requirements of the teaching role.
Current certification in basic life support procedures including healthcare provide CPR with an Automated External Defibrillator.
One year or less experience in teaching in a university or college setting required as defined by Universityâ€™s faculty handbook.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite Products, especially Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and other MS office products as needed.
Working with online learning management systems to further engage the student learning process desirable.
Knowledge of state, federal and local laws/regulations relating to programs, governmental compliance and other regulatory standards such as state Board of Nursing, Commission on Dental Accreditation, state Dental Hygiene Committee, state Dental board, Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND), Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) or other regulators and/or accreditation bod...
More Jobs from American Career College, Inc
- Junior Attorney with trust and estate planning experience
- Family Law Attorney with 5 years of experience
- Attorney with 1 year of litigation experience
- Family Law Attorney/Counsel with 3-5 years of litigation experience
- Community Associations Attorney with 1-3 years of real estate experience
- Staff Litigation Attorney with 3-5 years of products liability experience
- Staff Commercial Litigation Attorney with 2-4 years of experience
- IP Litigation Attorney with 2-4 years of experience
- Business Tort Litigation Attorney with 3+ years of commercial experience
- Residential Real Estate Attorney with 1-3 years of transactions experience
- Litigation Attorney with 2-4 years of commercial experience
- Trademark Attorney with 1-3 years of experience
- Jr. Trust and Estate Attorney
- Real Estate Attorney with Land Use experience
- Trusts and Estates Attorney with 5+ years of probate experience
- Senior Attorney with labor and employment litigation experience
- Labor and Employment Attorney with 6+ years of class action experience
- Junior to Mid-level Environment Attorney with energy experience
- Trial/Litigation Attorney with 7+ years of first chair jury experience