Software Engineer Co-op
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide.
Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.Â Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo SpA which employs more than 45,000 people worldwide.
We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance.
For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leornardodrs.com.
DRS Sustainment Systems Inc.
DRS Sustainment Systems, Inc.
(DRS-SSI) is a Leonardo DRS Line of Business (LOB) headquartered in St.
It is a full service supplier of diversified defense systems, products and support for the U.S.
Department of Defense (DoD) and other international defense customers.
From conceptual design through manufacturing to integrated logistics support, DRS-SSI has a more than 50-year tradition of providing quality systems and products while meeting customerâ€™s demands for innovation, efficiency and quality.
The business unit also includes a 100-acre heavy equipment manufacturing facility in West Plains, MO.
The performance of DRS-SSIâ€™s St.
Louis operation has been recognized by the Government and industrial customers with numerous awards including: Preferred Supplier Certification, Medallion of Service Award, Intelligence and Electronic Warfare Certification of Recognition, and Blue Ribbon Awards.Â We operate on a 9/80 work schedule.
Job Location â€“ Saint Louis, MO
DRS Sustainment Systems is seeking a Software Engineering Co-Op for January-August 2018 as a team member to think critically and creatively to solve assigned engineering tasks.
Co-Ops will be assigned to one or more programs with the goal of improving our existing products and helping to develop new products and technologies that feature significant differentiating technologies that are essential to maintaining our competitive advantage in the defense market.
Co-Ops typically last 8 months (a semester and summer) and are based in St.
There will be no housing provided.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Further research and development of existing products and technologies
* Write software code
* Write and/or maintain documentation
* Gather and assemble data for engineers
* Assist engineers with appropriate design details
* Work closely with and assist engineers in the conduct of various engineering assignments
* Carry out basic work instructions that will help in understanding the fundamentals of the company
* Conduct limited scope testing under the supervision of engineers
* Completing assigned tasks on time
* Conduct design analysis and/or calculations under the supervision of engineers
* Must have good ...
More Jobs from DRS Technologies
- Attorney with 1-3 years of litigation experience
- Education Law Attorney with 2-5 years of experience
- Litigation Law Attorney with 3-5 years of experience
- Labor and Employment Attorney with 2+ years of experience
- Attorney with 1-3 years of employment litigation experience
- Commercial Litigation Attorney with 2-7 years of experience
- Medical Malpractice Attorney with 3-5 years of litigation experience
- Trademark Attorney with 2+ years of counseling experience
- Trusts and Estates Attorney with 1-3 years of experience
- Junior Attorney with trust and estate planning experience
- Family Law Attorney with 5 years of experience
- Attorney with 1 year of litigation experience
- Family Law Attorney/Counsel with 3-5 years of litigation experience
- Community Associations Attorney with 1-3 years of real estate experience
- Staff Litigation Attorney with 3-5 years of products liability experience
- Staff Commercial Litigation Attorney with 2-4 years of experience
- IP Litigation Attorney with 2-4 years of experience
- Business Tort Litigation Attorney with 3+ years of commercial experience
- Residential Real Estate Attorney with 1-3 years of transactions experience