Front Desk Agent - InterContinental Stephen F. Austin Hotel
Are you ready to be aÂ Front DeskÂ Agent?
As part of our commitment to giving you Room to Grow, we want you to have the information necessary to take advantage of career opportunities worldwide.Â Is your career goal taking you toward a position as a Front Desk Agent?Â If so, read on and see if this position is what you're looking forâ€¦
* Â Accurately process all cash and credit card transactions in accordance with established procedures including but not limited to posting all charges, completing cashier and other reports, preparing deposit, and counting/securing assigned bank.
* Control and release guest safe-deposit boxes.
* Up-sell rooms where possible to maximize hotel revenue.
* Answer phones in a prompt and courteous manner.
* Welcome guests in a friendly, prompt and professional manner.Â Â
* Register guests, issue room keys, provide information on hotel services and room location.Â Â
* Communicate any outstanding guest requests or issues to management that may requireÂ additional monitoring or follow-up.
* Respond appropriately to guest complaints.Â Â
* Make appropriate service recovery gestures in order to ensure total guest satisfaction.Â Â
* May routinely book guest reservations for individuals and/or groups that are requested either byÂ phone or from within the hotel; process cancellations, revisions, and information updates onÂ changes.
* Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination withÂ other departments.Â Â
* Perform other duties as assigned including guest room tours, concierge services, special guest requests, etc.
Requirements include holding a High School diploma or equivalent, plus one year front desk/guest service experience.Â Some college is preferred.Â You may be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which includes free shift meals, 31 day LOCAL bus pass at a reduced rate, healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan.Â Â Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people.
Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities /Â Females / Disabled / Veterans.
More Jobs from IHG
- Attorney with 1-3 years of litigation experience
- Education Law Attorney with 2-5 years of experience
- Litigation Law Attorney with 3-5 years of experience
- Labor and Employment Attorney with 2+ years of experience
- Attorney with 1-3 years of employment litigation experience
- Commercial Litigation Attorney with 2-7 years of experience
- Medical Malpractice Attorney with 3-5 years of litigation experience
- Trademark Attorney with 2+ years of counseling experience
- Trusts and Estates Attorney with 1-3 years of experience
- Junior Attorney with trust and estate planning experience
- Family Law Attorney with 5 years of experience
- Attorney with 1 year of litigation experience
- Family Law Attorney/Counsel with 3-5 years of litigation experience
- Community Associations Attorney with 1-3 years of real estate experience
- Staff Litigation Attorney with 3-5 years of products liability experience
- Staff Commercial Litigation Attorney with 2-4 years of experience
- IP Litigation Attorney with 2-4 years of experience
- Business Tort Litigation Attorney with 3+ years of commercial experience
- Residential Real Estate Attorney with 1-3 years of transactions experience