Room Service Associate
Founded over a box of Pop-TartsÂ® in 1995 by David Schwartz and Peter Vilim, Waterton has grown from very humble beginnings with one phone and two desks to the successful, nationally recognized real estate investment and management firm it is today.
As Waterton has evolved and grown, one thing has remained constant, the drive to achieve results by exceeding expectations.
Watertonâ€™s values of Service Excellence, Empowerment, Integrity, Passion, Achievement and Teamwork are our guiding principles and they shape who Waterton is as an organization.
When you join Waterton, you will learn new skills, acquire knowledge and use these values to help you grow in your career and fulfill your professional goals.
Waterton is committed to the service of our associates, residents, guests and investors and firmly believes that our superior ability to serve our customers differentiates us.
We empower our associates to think and act like an owner and use our core values as guiding principles to serve our customers in a way that exceeds their expectations, going above and beyond to create the ultimate service experience or what we call Resitality!
Room Service Associate
The Room Service Associate delivers food and beverage items to guest rooms in a friendly, enthusiastic, professional, andÂ timely manner.
Â This role is in part compensated by tips and service chargesÂ received from the guest.
Essential Functions include (but are not limited to):
* Take orders for and serve all food and beverage requests, using suggestive sellingÂ techniques.Â
* Deliver orders to guest rooms, setting up food within the room as appropriate.
* Clear trays from floors after service and before leaving at the end of the shift.Â
* Control guest checks and secure proper payment.
* Ensure side station and tray set-ups are complete and perform various side work duties asÂ assigned by management.
* Maintain proper condition and cleanliness of room service areas and equipment.Â
* Utilize a POS (Point of Sale) System to enter food and drink orders.
* Follow safety and sanitation policies and procedures.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in theÂ workplace (English).
* Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.Â
* Must possess basic computational ability.Â
* Must possess basic computer skills.
* Basic food/beverage knowledge.
* Knowledge of appropriate table settings and service ware.
* Ability to describe all menu items, pricing and methods of preparation.Â
* Professional, warm demeanor â€“ service oriented.
* Demonstrated ability to multi-task, manage time and work well under pressure
* High school or equivalent education required.Â
* One year of experience in food and beverage required.
Prior hotel room service experienceÂ preferred.Â
More Jobs from Waterton
- Attorney with 1-3 years of litigation experience
- Education Law Attorney with 2-5 years of experience
- Litigation Law Attorney with 3-5 years of experience
- Labor and Employment Attorney with 2+ years of experience
- Attorney with 1-3 years of employment litigation experience
- Commercial Litigation Attorney with 2-7 years of experience
- Medical Malpractice Attorney with 3-5 years of litigation experience
- Trademark Attorney with 2+ years of counseling experience
- Trusts and Estates Attorney with 1-3 years of experience
- Junior Attorney with trust and estate planning experience
- Family Law Attorney with 5 years of experience
- Attorney with 1 year of litigation experience
- Family Law Attorney/Counsel with 3-5 years of litigation experience
- Community Associations Attorney with 1-3 years of real estate experience
- Staff Litigation Attorney with 3-5 years of products liability experience
- Staff Commercial Litigation Attorney with 2-4 years of experience
- IP Litigation Attorney with 2-4 years of experience
- Business Tort Litigation Attorney with 3+ years of commercial experience
- Residential Real Estate Attorney with 1-3 years of transactions experience