Max & Erma's Bartender
Do you see yourself as a Bartender?
What's your passion? Whether you're into hockey, knitting or farming, at IHG we're interested in YOU.
At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do.
And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.Â This position has overall responsibility for preparing beverages and/or serving food in a prompt and courteous manner while maintaining a high level of quality and consistency.
Directly across from the Spacious 377 room Crowne Plaza downtown Columbus & parallel to ourÂ 44 Room Individualized suites @ The Lofts.
Our location atÂ 33 E.
allows our guests an experience of a lifetime, waltzing from the fabulous hotels into a one of a kind Max & Erma's restaurant where the experience will be unforgettable.
This position has overall responsibility for preparing beverages and/or serving food in a prompt and courteous manner while maintaining a high level of quality and consistency.Â You will prepare beverages requested by customers and monitor guest behavior and guest alcohol consumption to determine when alcohol service to the guest should cease; notify management of incidents involving excessive alcohol consumption or impaired condition of customers; check identification whenever the age of a guest requesting alcoholic beverage service is questionable.Â
You will set up bar including all liquor, mixers, ice, garnishes, glassware and supplies and perform pre- and post-shift side-work while requisitioning all necessary supplies.Â The role is responsible to Inventory unused liquor and beverages and ensure that all liquor is properly secured before, during and at close of shift.Â Inspect bar daily for cleanliness and inspect all equipment and machinery for proper operation.Â You will sweep and mop bar floor after shift and wipe down counters, equipment, stools, chairs, tables and other areas as required.
The Bartender may also perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications include basic reading, writing and math skills.
Knowledge of liquor brands, beer, wine, champagne, non-alcoholic beverages, designated glassware, preparation methods and garnishments.
Formal bartending training preferred.
You must meet state legal age requirements.
An Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler cardsÂ may beÂ required by local or state government agency.
You may be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.Â This job requires ability to perform the following: handling, carrying or pushing items weighing up toÂ 50 pounds, moving about the bar, lounge and kitchen, bending, stooping, kneeling and lifting.
Â In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan.Â Â Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people.
Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities /Â Females / Disabled / Veterans.
More Jobs from IHG
- Attorney with 1-3 years of litigation experience
- Education Law Attorney with 2-5 years of experience
- Litigation Law Attorney with 3-5 years of experience
- Labor and Employment Attorney with 2+ years of experience
- Attorney with 1-3 years of employment litigation experience
- Commercial Litigation Attorney with 2-7 years of experience
- Medical Malpractice Attorney with 3-5 years of litigation experience
- Trademark Attorney with 2+ years of counseling experience
- Trusts and Estates Attorney with 1-3 years of experience
- Junior Attorney with trust and estate planning experience
- Family Law Attorney with 5 years of experience
- Attorney with 1 year of litigation experience
- Family Law Attorney/Counsel with 3-5 years of litigation experience
- Community Associations Attorney with 1-3 years of real estate experience
- Staff Litigation Attorney with 3-5 years of products liability experience
- Staff Commercial Litigation Attorney with 2-4 years of experience
- IP Litigation Attorney with 2-4 years of experience
- Business Tort Litigation Attorney with 3+ years of commercial experience
- Residential Real Estate Attorney with 1-3 years of transactions experience