Director of Sales - Staybridge Suites (Ft. Lauderdale-Plantation)
IHG has a very exciting position available at our IHG Company Managed Staybridge Suites located in busy Ft.
Lauderdale-Plantation!! Our Director of Sales opening is a great opportunity to join one of the worldâ€™s largest hotel companies and a great brand, Staybridge Suites.
In this important role, you will develop and set revenue sales and marketing strategies for the hotel to ensure plans are implemented, results are monitored and sales goals are achieved.
Regularly sell hotel rooms, meeting rooms, and food and beverage through direct client contacts primarily through outside sales efforts.
At Staybridge Suites we look for people who are thoughtful and reliable and who show they care by making guests feel comfortable â€“ like part of the family.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
* Achieve budgeted revenues and personal/team sales goals and maximize profitability.
Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget, the hotel marketing plan and business plan, and financial plans.
* Create and implement sales plans that drive measurable incremental occupancy, increased average rates, food and beverage sales, and increased market share.
* Produce monthly reports and sales forecasts to analyze current/potential market and sales trends, coordinate activities to increase revenue and market share and monitor performance to ensure actual sales meet or exceed established revenue plan.
* Provide guests with information (example: loyalty programs, area attractions, restaurants, facility information) to enhance guest experience.
* Develop and maintain relationships with key clients and outside contacts in order to produce group business, to include room sales, food & beverage sales, and catering/banquet services.
* Schedule business group activities at the hotel and coordinate with other hotel-level departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales office and prospective clients.
* Identify operational problems that reduce the effectiveness of marketing activities and overall hotel sales performance and work with appropriate department on solutions.
* Develop awareness and reputation of the hotel and the brand in the local community.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
May also serve as manager on duty.
Requirements include a Bachelor's degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in Marketing or related field and 2 â€“ 4 years' sales experience, preferably in hotel or hospitality; or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.Â
Must speak fluent English.Â You may be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan.Â Â Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people.
Â Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Â Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities /Â Females / Disabled / Veterans.
More Jobs from IHG
- Junior Attorney with trust and estate planning experience
- Family Law Attorney with 5 years of experience
- Attorney with 1 year of litigation experience
- Family Law Attorney/Counsel with 3-5 years of litigation experience
- Community Associations Attorney with 1-3 years of real estate experience
- Staff Litigation Attorney with 3-5 years of products liability experience
- Staff Commercial Litigation Attorney with 2-4 years of experience
- IP Litigation Attorney with 2-4 years of experience
- Business Tort Litigation Attorney with 3+ years of commercial experience
- Residential Real Estate Attorney with 1-3 years of transactions experience
- Litigation Attorney with 2-4 years of commercial experience
- Trademark Attorney with 1-3 years of experience
- Jr. Trust and Estate Attorney
- Real Estate Attorney with Land Use experience
- Trusts and Estates Attorney with 5+ years of probate experience
- Senior Attorney with labor and employment litigation experience
- Labor and Employment Attorney with 6+ years of class action experience
- Junior to Mid-level Environment Attorney with energy experience
- Trial/Litigation Attorney with 7+ years of first chair jury experience