Associate Scientist - Microbiology
We are a global leader in innovative filtration, delivering to our vast customer portfolio within the life sciences industry.
Our highly engineered process solutions protect people and we are currently seeking a Maintenance Technician to support our growing business.
An opportunity has now become available for an Associate Scientist to join the Validation Laboratory team in Portsmouth.Â In this role you will be assigned responsibility for laboratory projects, generating test data to specified protocols.Â You will play a key role in our lab team, supporting our customers in the biopharmaceutical industry who use our products for the sterile filtration of their drug products.
* Be a member of a team of approximately 18 scientists working in the Validation Laboratory performing test work to support customers in the biopharmaceutical industry
* Generate test data using microbiological and biopharmaceutical process-related test methods to specified protocols.
* Document non-conformances and initiate exception reports in a timely manner as well as participating in investigations as required.
* Typically be allocated responsibility for completion of up to six tests each week in addition to undertaking general laboratory support activities.
* Perform routine assignments with guidance and direction from others.
Write test reports
* Test preparation
* Review job request, relevant safety data and fully understand requirements in accordance with laboratory SOPs
* Determine availability of required equipment and materials â€“ prepare or order required materials
* Review timelines and discuss schedule conflicts or modifications with laboratory management (and project manager, where necessary)
* Document preparation appropriately using datasheets or laboratory notebooks
* Performing test
* Assemble test apparatus
* Correctly operate, understand and be able to troubleshoot all equipment/instrumentation necessary to support testing
* Perform test work according to laboratory request requirements.
Record raw data directly onto datasheets or into laboratory notebook.
Immediately notify laboratory management of any test delays, problems or deviations
* Disassemble and clean test equipment and work area
* Record any remaining test information
* Create an accurate and timely laboratory report reflective of the laboratory request requirements.
Report hours spent on project
* Degree or equivalent in Science (Microbiology/Biology) or the equivalent work experience that provides knowledge and exposure to fundamental theories and concepts
* Knowledge of fundamental laboratory techniques and measurement methods
* Practical ability to perform test work and execute work instructions
* Good written and verbal communication
* Conversant with PC based programmes
More Jobs from Pall
- Junior Attorney with trust and estate planning experience
- Family Law Attorney with 5 years of experience
- Attorney with 1 year of litigation experience
- Family Law Attorney/Counsel with 3-5 years of litigation experience
- Community Associations Attorney with 1-3 years of real estate experience
- Staff Litigation Attorney with 3-5 years of products liability experience
- Staff Commercial Litigation Attorney with 2-4 years of experience
- IP Litigation Attorney with 2-4 years of experience
- Business Tort Litigation Attorney with 3+ years of commercial experience
- Residential Real Estate Attorney with 1-3 years of transactions experience
- Litigation Attorney with 2-4 years of commercial experience
- Trademark Attorney with 1-3 years of experience
- Jr. Trust and Estate Attorney
- Real Estate Attorney with Land Use experience
- Trusts and Estates Attorney with 5+ years of probate experience
- Senior Attorney with labor and employment litigation experience
- Labor and Employment Attorney with 6+ years of class action experience
- Junior to Mid-level Environment Attorney with energy experience
- Trial/Litigation Attorney with 7+ years of first chair jury experience