SUMMARY: Perform complex mechanical repairs on heavy duty equipment such as high capacity (50+ton) lift trucks, trucks, tractors, power generation sets, loaders, compressors, freight moving equipment and product transfer systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
Perform duties of a mechanic involved in hands on repairs and maintenance of vehicles/equipment.
* Inspect equipment, analyze trouble and plan sequence of repair process and timing.
* Adjust, repair and/or replace parts in engines, transmissions, differentials, brakes and other equipment.
* Adjust or repair hydraulic systems and components.
* Perform scheduled and non-scheduled work to support barge and fleet needs.
* Record daily repairs in M&R maintenance software.
* Analyze performance of equipment.
* Perform field and roads repairs as required.
* Communicate in writing (email) or verbally over the phone with individuals in remote sites who are attempting to repair equipment
* Respond and acknowledge repair request and investigate complaints and equipment malfunctions.
* Have an in-depth understanding of the relationship between PM activities and lowest cost fleet maintenance/operations.
* Coordinates parts and materials needs to the parts department for non-stock items.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, physical demands and work environment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
* Minimum of 4 yearsâ€™ experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
* 2 year vocational/technical degree in Diesel Technology is preferred
* Welding certification
* Experience and considerable knowledge of the methods, materials and equipment used in the maintenance and repair of various types of heavy equipment, lift trucks and other driven equipment and tools.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence while communicate effectively with other employees, vendors and customers.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentage and apply those concepts to work related situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables.Â Ability to interpret and follow a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.Â Must have strong troubleshooting/diagnostic skills, be p...
More Jobs from Alaska Marine Lines, Inc.
- Junior Attorney with trust and estate planning experience
- Family Law Attorney with 5 years of experience
- Attorney with 1 year of litigation experience
- Family Law Attorney/Counsel with 3-5 years of litigation experience
- Community Associations Attorney with 1-3 years of real estate experience
- Staff Litigation Attorney with 3-5 years of products liability experience
- Staff Commercial Litigation Attorney with 2-4 years of experience
- IP Litigation Attorney with 2-4 years of experience
- Business Tort Litigation Attorney with 3+ years of commercial experience
- Residential Real Estate Attorney with 1-3 years of transactions experience
- Litigation Attorney with 2-4 years of commercial experience
- Trademark Attorney with 1-3 years of experience
- Jr. Trust and Estate Attorney
- Real Estate Attorney with Land Use experience
- Trusts and Estates Attorney with 5+ years of probate experience
- Senior Attorney with labor and employment litigation experience
- Labor and Employment Attorney with 6+ years of class action experience
- Junior to Mid-level Environment Attorney with energy experience
- Trial/Litigation Attorney with 7+ years of first chair jury experience