Product Development Engineer
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
In Georgia-Pacific's Bleached Board Innovation Group in Atlanta, GA, we are committed to meeting our customersâ€™ needs with solutions that involve great design, consistent quality, and demonstrated customer value.
Operating under the Market-Based Management philosophy, we seek entrepreneurial individuals that have a passion for creating value for society through their work.Â We are seeking a Product Development EngineerÂ to join our Bleached Board Product Development group.
The role will be responsible for new product development of paperboard with a focus on food service applications.
Â Georgia-Pacific is well known in the food service segment including DixieÂ® products.
The Product Development EngineerÂ will have responsibility to understand customer needs, work with the business to develop a business case and lead commercialization efforts with manufacturing to create customer-preferred solutions.
You will advance product concepts from ideation through commercialization.
The work comprises experimentation and prototyping to develop technical options that can be commercialized to meet identified target market opportunities.
The position will focus on existing product categories, new product categories, and cross-category initiatives.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
* Leading the technical development of Bleached Board Innovation projects focused on papermaking
* Engaging with customers to understand their business, discover unmet needs and identify opportunities to create solutions that create value for the customer and GP
* Supporting customer development projects by aligning capabilities providing papermaking expertise
* Communicating the value and progress of the projects to a range of stakeholders throughout the business
* Supporting Sales and Marketing activities by providing a technical point of view
* Advancing manufacturing quality and process improvement efforts
* Championing the use of best practices for innovation throughout the business
* Identification and evaluation of potential capital investments
What You Will Need:
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Science or related field
* A minimum of 7 years work experience in a technical role
* A minimum of 3 years of experience in papermaking
* A minimum of 3 years of experience in paper converting
* A minimum of 3 years of experience interfacing with customers and suppliers
* Experience in developing and managing high performance organizations
* Experience evaluating potential product development opportunities for economic and technical feasibility
* Willing to travel up to 50%, including international travel
What Will Put You Ahead?
* MS or advanced degree in Paper Science or related field
* Bleached Board (SBS) papermaking and product development experience
More Jobs from Georgia-Pacific
- Junior Attorney with trust and estate planning experience
- Family Law Attorney with 5 years of experience
- Attorney with 1 year of litigation experience
- Family Law Attorney/Counsel with 3-5 years of litigation experience
- Community Associations Attorney with 1-3 years of real estate experience
- Staff Litigation Attorney with 3-5 years of products liability experience
- Staff Commercial Litigation Attorney with 2-4 years of experience
- IP Litigation Attorney with 2-4 years of experience
- Business Tort Litigation Attorney with 3+ years of commercial experience
- Residential Real Estate Attorney with 1-3 years of transactions experience
- Litigation Attorney with 2-4 years of commercial experience
- Trademark Attorney with 1-3 years of experience
- Jr. Trust and Estate Attorney
- Real Estate Attorney with Land Use experience
- Trusts and Estates Attorney with 5+ years of probate experience
- Senior Attorney with labor and employment litigation experience
- Labor and Employment Attorney with 6+ years of class action experience
- Junior to Mid-level Environment Attorney with energy experience
- Trial/Litigation Attorney with 7+ years of first chair jury experience